We provide detailed instruction sheet with every order.
How to apply Edible Icing Sheets
- Remove the icing sheet from my zip lock bag with clean, dry hands.
- Carefully peel off the backing off.
- Do not apply the icing sheet to anything too wet.
- Pat down gently to make sure that there are no air bubbles underneath the sheet.
- Leave for about 20 to 30 minutes to allow icing sheet to absorb into your cake’s icing and become a part of the cake.
Removal of icing sheets that seem to stick to backing
In some cases, the humidity may be so high that the Icing sheets will not easily release from the backing or come apart in small pieces. Place the frosting sheet in a dry fry freezer without plastic bag about 1-2 minute. In high humidity you may need to leave it longer 3-4 minutes. Remove the icing sheet immediately after taking out of the freezer.
How to apply Wafer Paper Products
Wafer paper products should be applied to cakes and cupcakes relatively close to the time they'll be displayed to avoid the possibility of having them absorb moisture and oils from the icing.
Applying to fondant is fine to do ahead of time, but the cake should NOT be refrigerated after attaching it to the cake.